spring 2020 training registration is Open!
Adapting Yoga for Individuals Living with Cancer
This comprehensive program is a certification course offered for Yoga Teachers (RYT-200 minimum), * Health & Holistic Professionals, and * Fitness Professionals teaching and/or working with the general population who are passionate about sharing the healing benefits of yoga with individuals living with cancer and their caregivers. The Be Well Yoga for Cancer Recovery Teacher Training Program will prepare you to work with those currently living with disease, in active treatment, and those who are in remission but still living with the long-term physical and mental side-effects of a cancer diagnosis.
Our focus for this training is to empower our Be Well Certified Yoga for Cancer Recovery teachers with the confidence and in-depth knowledge required to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the student.
Each Be Well Yoga for Cancer Recovery Teacher Training Participant will learn/experience:
- What is Cancer
- Systems of the body
- Why an adapted practice is necessary
- In-depth knowledge of most common cancers, treatments, and side effects led by Dr. Sheila Patel, Medical Director of The Chopra Center & Board Certified Family Medicine Specialist
- 3 full length, set sequenced classes (asana, restorative, & chair yoga)
- Guided relaxation, imagery, meditation, and the Koshas as they relate to individuals with cancer
- An Interactive Adapted Practice
- Chair Yoga for Cancer Recovery Workshop with Sherry Zak Morris
- Class themes
- Conducting group and private sessions
- The business aspects of Yoga for Cancer Recovery
Upon completion of the course you will have the skills to teach students in group classes and private settings as well as in hospitals or clinics. Certified Yoga Teachers will receive 55-CEU's. All participants will receive a certificate of completion.
This training is limited to 16 participants to ensure the highest quality of instruction and attention.
* Non-yoga teachers wishing to enroll must have a passion for yoga and a deep personal understanding of the basics of yoga asana. This training is NOT for individuals with limited or no yoga experience.
Vista, California (Training is being held at a lovely private studio space - exact location will be provided upon registration. A limited number of Airbnb accommodations are available at the property)
February 21-23, 2020
March 20-22, 2020
April 3-5, 2020
Fridays 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturdays 12:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Sundays 12:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Early-bird price $849 (expires 1/31, 2020)
Full price $949
Pay in full via Venmo or check
Pay via Paypal (price includes applicable Paypal fees)
Payment plan available upon request