Cancer resource page
One of our goals at Be Well is to help create a network of resources in the cancer community. We are just beginning to develop this concept and will continue to add to this page as new resources come to our attention. If you are aware of any that you think would be beneficial for us to list, please message us! We value your input.
Click on the links below to learn more about these wonderful resources:
- Michelle's Place - Breast Cancer Resource Center located in Temecula providing over 10,000 free services a year to individuals and families impacted by cancer and hosting Yoga for Cancer Recovery classes taught by Be Well trained teachers
- Susan G. Komen - Breast cancer support & resources in San Diego
- North County Cancer Fitness - (NCCF) promotes wellness and strength for those who are newly diagnosed, undergoing treatment, recovering from treatment, and/or living with cancer. Our program of fitness, education, referral and support is designed to improve how you feel, help you deal with treatment and practice a healthier lifestyle.
- www.lymphaticnetwork.org. LE&RN seeks to accelerate the prevention, treatment and cure for lymphedema and lymphatic diseases while bringing patients and medical professionals together to address the unmet needs, which include lymphedema and lipedema.
- San Diego Cancer Research Institute - A web based resource guide for information related to cancer, nutrition, expressive arts, and mindfulness/meditation.
- Mary's Reality Based Nutrition - written by Mary Hollander RN a resource for nutritional information. A well written and helpful web site and weekly blog.
- Expressive Arts - Series of classes dealing with art creation led by Alessandra Colfi, Ph. D.
- Acupuncture - Service provided for cancer patients in treatment. Offered through UCSD Cancer Services, Encinitas.
- Benjamin Felleman, Ph.D, - Licensed Clinical Psychologist specializing in individual psycho-oncology services. Dr. Felleman works with cancer patients and their caregivers.
- Mesothelioma Guide - www.mesotheliomaguide.com - an advocacy organization dedicated to helping patients diagnosed with asbestos illnesses
- Studio 514 - Stylist Nicole Graves offers shapes and cuts for survivors finishing treatment at this organic hair salon. Oceanside (608) 279-5902